We Make Recycling Easy in Fairfield
Single-Stream Recycling Info
Fairfield has started collecting recycling single stream. This means that all recyclables should be placed in one container and comingled; there is no need to separate paper.
Recycling pickup is scheduled for the same day as your household trash pickup. Recycling materials will be collected from the blue bin, blue recycling cart or other clearly marked container (30 gallons max) at the curbside only unless special arangments have been made.
What Your Recycling Should Include
- Newspapers, Magazines, Junk Mail, Office Paper, and Mixed Paper
- Cardboard - Boxes should be empty of all plastic or polystyrene packing and should be flattened
- Fiberboard - Cereal boxes, cracker boxes, frozen food boxes, etc.
- Aseptic Packaging - Milk cartons, O.J. cartons
- Plastics #1-#6 - Include plastic food and beverage containers only. Do not include 5-gallon pails or containers other than those marked with these logos.
- Glass - Include food and beverage containers only. No metal lids, broken glass, drinking glasses, Pyrex, mirrors, light bulbs, window glass or auto glass should be included.
- Metal - Include food and beverage containers with lids and caps removed. Do not include paint cans, coat hangers or other metal household items.
All Plastic, glass and metal should all be rinsed and commingled loose in the recycling cart or blue bin.
Do not include plastic bags!
If you have special recycling needs, please call our office to make arrangements. Although the following items can fit into your recycling cart, they cannot be taken during a standard pickup:
- Car batteries
- Used motor oil
- Paint Cans - see link below
If you have these items or those similar you can call the office to schedule a special pickup
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Big Little Sanitation Company at 203-334-7728, or the Town of Fairfield Solid Waste & Recycling Department at 203-256-3023.
Thank You for Recycling!